Friday, November 27, 2009

United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland




How does one follow 6 months traveling around Asia? Spend some time in the lovely UK and ROI.

Here I am in the County Carlow countryside near to County Wexford.

Southeast Ireland is full of rolling hills and fantastic coastline.
















This is Huntington Castle in Clonegal where I attended a Samhain festival.

The grounds and the gardens around the castle were gorgeous and still quite green even in November.












I stayed in the lovely towns of Enniscorthy and Wexford.

Check out the videos of the coastline and the gorgeous beach Curracloe near Wexford.

Back to London after my 8 day romp and have been visiting all my old haunts as well doing a bit of museum viewing. I also had the good fortune to spend a bit of time in the lovely English countryside in Sussex.

Walking in the South Downs and seeing loads of pheasant, some deer, and tons of mushrooms.








My next journey was to the highlands of Scotland on the sleeper train from London. 12 hours to Fort William from London Euston. This is some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world, in my opinion. So much water everywhere.




This is my view from my little townhouse cottage in Isleornsay on the Isle of Skye. After taking the overnight train to Fort William, I took the local train to Mallaig, the end of the line. This is the train route used in the Harry Potter movies. Then I took the ferry over to the Isle of Skye.

What a trip. I saw a huge heard of red deer, thought they were elk, and more waterfalls than you could ever count.

A couple more days left in London and I'm off to Baltimore. This stage of my big adventure is coming to a close.































"To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” –Freya Stark

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an interesting Quote. Love the first photo of you. Hope to see you in Baltimore in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Don't you look fabulous! Great boots too! Keep on being wonderfully interesting! I miss you! - Lad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aranmore island Ireland Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete