Friday, September 1, 2017

bikes, beaches and musuems in the Netherlands

So much to enjoy in the Netherlands.  My favourite pastimes of bike riding, beaches, and museums were all included.  

I saw an Electra Townie on the streets of Amsterdam. My Townie's now live in Margate City NJ helping my sis, family, and friends get around Margate on awesome cruiser bikes.  

Everywhere you go, bikes, bikes and more bikes.  Love it!  I didn't get a bike until I got out of Amsterdam.  Stayed in Haarlem in an apartment about 20 min from Amsterdam by train. Rode everywhere for 3 days straight. On my bday rode through the fabulous Zuid Kennermerland National Park  where I saw wild ponies and highland cows.  Too cute.  Rode through miles of natural dunes and ended up on the beach of the North Sea. I even went swimming in the North Sea on the bday.  It was a lovely warm day and water was chilly but not cold.  

Electra Townie on the street in Amsterdam
bikes, bikes, bikes 

park just outside my bnb in Amsterdam



really old green glass in the Rijks Museum 

















I've always loved green glass.









Lots of museums to enjoy in Amsterdam.  Really enjoying seeing the Rijks Museum all refurbished with loads to see. Now have a large Asian collection as well.  





Classic Dutch Masters!  Love it!
sunset on the North Sea from the ferry
on the way to Liverpool from IJmuiden


Wonderful time in Netherlands!  

No comments:

Post a Comment