Sunday, August 2, 2009

I survived!!!




My oh my...I completed the CELTA course.... I really didn't know if I was going to make it. At the beginning of the third week, I really hit the wall. Anyway, it's all good. Here I am on the last morning of the course. I still had one
(full hour) teaching practice to go. As you can see by the look on my face, it didn't matter. I was SOOOOO ready to be done. I may have overdone it a bit by doing the intensive YTT for a month followed by CELTA for month.

BTW, I am enjoying some delicious chicken congee for breakfast here.

It was a very intense and challenging month. I don't think I have been that challenged on so many different levels in many, many years. It was exhausting. Last night as I lay in my huge king size bed with crisp white cotton sheets watching Sex in the City reruns and sipping a Taiwanese beer, I knew it all worth it and I am thrilled to have completed it. Towards the end of the course I realized I needed a break from the third world so jumped on a plane to Taipei, Taiwan where I am currently staying in a lovely boutique hotel in the heart of the fashionable Da An area of the city.

I have lots more to say about the last month but will save it for later.

These pictures pretty much say it all about Taipei so far:


Yes it is a Hello Kitty bakery and it is right down street from my hotel.

Cheers!

1 comment: